Never underestimate the healing powers of sound and our own sound at that. Many of us are aware of the healing powers of a cat’s purr (it’s true)! Our own internally humming out loud at a certain frequency creates vibration within our body. You may have to practice to get the right depth of your humming but you’ll know when you get there. It’s as if you feel yourself vibrating from the inside – an amazing sensation!
Have your pen and paper ready
- Find a spot where you can sit down for a few minutes
- Bring your focus to your heart chakra and take a few breaths – 1 MINUTE
- Then proceed to slow down each breath in, hold and exhale
- All done gently (no forcing) – 1 MINUTE
- Now start slow, deliberate, deep belly breaths
- Get comfortable with your deep slow breath flow
- On each exhalation, begin a soft, slow humming
- Keep deepening the hum so it travels down the torso
- Observe the sensations within the body as the humming vibrates and moves through you – 3 MINUTES
- Write down what you observe
- How do you feel now?