Most of the time cleaning your home can change the energy, however if you’ve had a stressful time or even if life has been hectic, that heavy feeling can linger.
Have you ever walked into a person’s home and felt edgy? They may have had a disagreement with someone recently and the energy hasn’t been able to leave the home as yet. It can feel uncomfortable being the visitor and the person living there might not ever realise it’s making them edgy also.
Feelings of sadness, loss and grief can also leave an impression for all entering the home. This is what I’m referring to as cleansing the energy in your home. I liken it to letting your clothes dry in the sunshine, they feel warm and smell fresh. When you put these clothes on, the energy of them transfer across and mingles with your own energy.
To cleanse the energy in your home, is like grounding your home. Aligning the energy so that calmness can enter and increase clarity and harmony in the home.
There are many ways to clear the energy of your home and I will share with you two methods that I use to completely shift your home’s feeling.
- Get yourself into a comfortable position and focus on your breathing. Slow, deep breaths so that your attention starts to come inwards.
- Imagine the layout of your home and go through each room spreading ‘white light’. Sometimes I like to roll it out like a mist or fog.
- Take your time with each room and once you’ve finished every room, let the mist float all around yourself cleansing your own energy state.
- You can take it a step further if you wish or stop here if you like.
- The next step is to imagine spreading a colour you have chosen for each room. E.g. the living room you may choose orange, the bedroom can be pink or green, the kitchen can be yellow and the bathroom perhaps blue.
- Once you have finished, sit quietly for a few more minutes and let yourself connect with your home’s new energy.
- I would recommend doing this meditation weekly for yourself and home.
- White or Lavender Sage Smudging
- You can purchase this from any health food store.
- Have a bowl ready to catch any embers from your sage stick. Light it up and when the sage stick flame is on fire, blow out the flame, as it’s the smoke that creates the ritual for smudging.
- Have all doors and windows closed for the duration of smudging.
- Have an intention (similar to a prayer, a mantra) e.g. I cleanse all stagnate and old energy from this room.
- Proceed with your smudge stick and bowl to every corner of each room and let the smoke float throughout the room saying your intention (out loud or in your mind).
- When you have completed each room, then allow yourself to be smudged. Let the smoke waft over you from your feet all the way up to your head. It’s as if you wash yourself in smoke.
- Put the smudge stick out either with water or a bowl with sand in it.
- After 10 minutes, you can open all doors and windows to air your home out and ENJOY.
- I usually smudge my home every week and if I’ve had a particularly intense day.
So instead of letting all that dense energy stay in your home, you can cleanse the ambiance at a moment’s notice . From heaviness to calmness with a simple ritual of a Meditation or Smudging, inviting new revitalised energy into your home.